Medical Social Workers provide home care services such as social and emotional counseling, and help locate community resources to help with financial concerns.
Medical social workers can be by your side, should you have any social or emotional dilemma in your current situation. These professionals will give you support and counseling so you are removed of the barriers that could potentially block you from attaining your health goals.
They can also help with:
- Grief Counseling
- Assistance with Financial Aid Applications
- Facility-Based Care Placement
- Alternative Living Arrangements
- Parenting Guidance and Counseling
- Assisting in the Development of the Care Plan
- Assisting the Patient with Hospital Discharge
- Psychosocial Evaluation
- Community Resource Planning
- Coordination of Follow-Up Medical Check-Ups or Treatment
- Advance Directives